Devils Glen: Editing and Updates
Hi, all! It’s been a busy new year already. Thankfully, most of it is good stuff, especially concerning the book.
My Kindle Scout campaign was a success by every measure, especially the final outcome. I had over 4,000 views on my campaign page and spent almost 75% of the month on their Hot & Trending list. That’s all because of the amazing support I received from all of you.
And now, here we are in the process of making Devils Glen a reality, finally. Here is what I know so far:
- On Tuesday, I received word that the manuscript is in the hands of an editor, who will make corrections and suggestions over the next few weeks. He/she will send it back to me by February 2. I will make all necessary corrections and forward the final manuscript to Kindle Press.
- Once they have the final draft, KP will announce pre-order and release dates. If they follow the same timeline as other releases, you can expect it to be available by mid-February to early March, at the latest. Of course, that all depends on the editing phase going smoothly. I did have it professionally edited before I entered the campaign, so I’m hoping most of the little annoying things and the big plot holes have been eradicated already, but you never know.
- On the pre-order date, anyone who nominated Devils Glen in the Scout campaign will receive an email with a link to download your free Kindle copy. You’ll get a chance to read it before anyone else. And if you would be so kind as to write a review on Amazon, that would be fantastic.
- I will try to have the paperback available just after the Kindle release, if not on the same day.
- It looks like I will do a signing at a book store in Burbank. I don’t have an official date for the event, but it will probably be in held in March. Anyone who is in the area should come out and join us. I should have more specifics later this next week.
- A few people have asked if I would come back and do a signing in Bettendorf. I would love that, but I’m not sure when it can happen. If anyone has ideas for location, etc, feel free to message me.
I think that’s all for now. I will keep you up to date as things progress. And, as always, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement. I can’t tell you how much it means to me.